BC PST Exemption
To Our Valued BC Customers,
If you are purchasing from our website for protection on your work site, you may be eligible for PST exemption on your order.
As taken from the Government of British Columbia’s website, the following categories of products that we sell are considered PST exempt if they are to be used on a work site (note that the exemption is valid regardless of whether the employee/employer is purchasing them, and no PST number or form is required):
- Caps, safety (not including optional weather liners, skull caps, hairnets or sweatbands)
- Face shields
- Footwear with built-in safety features, such as safety toes, loggers’ caulks or acid resistant qualities (not including footwear designed solely for weather protection)
- Gloves designed to be worn by a worker with built-in safety features, such as reinforced thumbs, palms or cuffs, designed to protect the wearer from physical harm, including:
- traffic safety gloves if designed to enhance visibility
- disposable gloves if designed to be worn by a worker (eg grip cotton poly, latex, neoprile, nitrile, polymer, tri-polyemer, vinyl, surgical, natural rubber)
- Note: General purpose gloves, dress gloves and gloves designed primarily to protect the wearer from natural elements are taxable
- Safety glasses and safety goggles
Listed below is exempt safety equipment and protective clothing for general use (anyone may be PST exempt, without a PST number or exemption form):
- Safety vests and safety bibs – the sole purpose of which is to enhance the visibility of the wearer
If the clothing you are purchasing is required under WorkSafeBC’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, or if you are an employer purchasing safety garments and equipment for your company (this includes purchases for educational institutions and those who are self-employed), you are also eligible for PST exemption. However, you must provide either a valid PST number, or fill out a General Certificate of Exemption.
Planning on placing an order on which you believe some/all of your items will be eligible for PST exemption? Please contact one of our customer service representatives and they’ll confirm it for you!
With the exception of businesses providing valid PST numbers prior to the order being placed, all PST will need to be adjusted and appropriately reimbursed after the order has been processed.
Missed seeing this page before you placed your order? No problem! You have 180 days after the original purchase date to claim a PST refund. Please contact customer service at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
For the full list of PST exempt Safety Equipment, or to subscribe for updates on PST regulations, please visit the following webpage: